While I was double checking my flight to the first ever Cents Positive Retreat in Denver, Delta informed me that it is just 18 days away. (I’m flying in on Thursday for the Blogger Add-on). The retreat is finally close enough to get really excited about it.
In preparation for the retreat, I wanted to brainstorm what I want to get out of it and what I believe I can contribute.
- First, I am excited to meet Tanja. I’ve followed her since about 6 months into Our Next Life and hers is the first blog that took a personal approach to finance. I also find her and her work of supporting women inspiring. Simply meeting her will be an honor.
- Next, I would like to meet people who have some of the same goals I do. I don’t know anyone personally who is interested in FIRE.
- I would like to meet people who are open to developing a continuing friendship. I’m open to meeting in person if those people are close to me proximity wise. I’m also open to talking online or in a conference call.
- I’d like to get some inspiration and renew my energy for my blog (at the Blogger Add-on).
After thinking about what I want to take from Cents Positive, I started thinking about what I can contribute to it.
- I can offer a listening ear, insightful questions and am very open to sharing my experiences. I consider myself to be self-reflective, and thoughtful.
- I can point novices to various FI blogs or podcasts. I have read a lot of blog posts over the years and have a knowledge of the range of ideas out there. I’ve got a few “pet” podcasts, so I could point others there as well.
- I’m passionate about helping people figure out what they want to do career-wise. It is not my profession, so I can only offer a laywoman’s perspective, but I’m open to listening and I love looking at possibilities
What about you? If you are attending Cents Positive, what do you hope to gain from the experience? What do you hope to give? If you are not attending, what info would you like me to report on afterward?
Pingback: Progress Made Since Cents Positive Retreat – Peace Out and In on October 15, 2018